Verivest is disrupting traditional and crowdfunded real estate investing. We are on a mission to help investors make better decisions and help investment managers up their game. We offer a range of integrated end-to-end solutions, including an online directory, providing investors with verified and unbiased information on real estate asset-based investment managers across the country, and open deal opportunities. For investment managers, our investor management software, fund administration and accounting services enable efficient investor onboarding, compliance, and timely and accurate reporting. With deep expertise in real estate, accounting and technology, the result is a high value solution for both investors and managers, facilitating greater transparency, trust, and efficiency in an extremely fragmented market.
We are looking for an experienced Golang Engineer to support our rapidly growing organization. In this role, you will collaborate closely with data analysts, frontend engineers and cross-functional partners across our product, design, and quality assurance teams to contribute to and build out our strategic initiatives.
Our Core Values
- Act with Integrity: Our company was built on a foundation of transparency and trust. Everything we do, individually and collectively, is done in the spirit of what is right, even if it is the more difficult option.
- Embrace Complexity: We are a team of self-starters that is undaunted by a challenge. We take the time to dig into the intricate details so we can develop solutions that allow our clients to deliver better results. Our willingness to adapt and innovate sets us apart from our competition.
- Deliver Excellence: We set high expectations and strive to continually raise the bar. From our people to our work, we are committed to quality, and expect the same commitment from others.
- Own the Outcome: We are responsible for our actions and results, our successes and failures. We understand the importance of accountability and we follow through on our commitments.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with the team to deliver on these objectives and contribute to evolving our platform's infrastructure to meet expanding scope and scale.
- Contribute to large, complex projects in a team, providing technical reviews and execution.
- Participate in project kick offs and translate projects requirements into technical specifications for implementation.
- Define new and expand existing data models, including database schema and object models in the data access layer.
- Implement any required business logic in the service layer.
- Implement enhancements to our asynchronous task worker infrastructure.
- Define and implement API endpoints, collaborating with front end engineers.
- Write integration and unit tests for your code and perform code reviews for colleagues.
- Provide technical support for stakeholder groups such as customer success.
- Participate in monitoring, diagnosing, and addressing production issues.
What You Can Offer
- 2+ years of professional experience working with Golang required, plus 2 years of software development experience preferred.
- Significant experience with SQL database schema design and query optimization.
- Experience with AWS is a plus.
- You must be flexible and adaptable—you will be operating in a fast-paced startup environment.
What We Can Offer You
- Competitive compensation package.
- Unlimited flexible time off and nine paid company holidays.
- Company paid medical, dental, vision insurance (plus company pays 50% of premiums for eligible family members).
- Home Office stipend
- Short and long-term disability, and life insurance coverage.
- Volunteer time off to spend on causes you are passionate about.
- Twelve weeks of paid parental leave.
- 401(k) plan, with company match.
- Paid training and development opportunities.
- Work where you work best: remote, hybrid or on-site.
- Flexible schedule options.
- Small, dynamic team = massive impact!
At Verivest, we are committed to creating a safe, diverse, and inclusive workplace. We make our hiring decisions based on merit, performance, and business need, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, gender identity expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage anyone who identifies as members of these communities to apply.